THE DARK DAYS TOUR (a belated recap)

Posted on November 9, 2011 by in Blog

Things are finally slowing down now that the first Eve book is in stores. I’ve been so busy gallivanting around cyberspace, talking books, cupcakes, The Babysitter’s Club and the end of the world, that I haven’t had much time to post here. But I HAVE been posting, I swearz! Check out some of my interviews at THE STORY SIREN… or STORIES AND SWEETIES… or CARI BLOGS… or THE RAVENOUS READER…

Hopefully it’s not too late, forgiving reader, to mention the Dark Days tour and all its fabulousness. After Eve’s release I was out with Amy Garvey, Kiersten White, and Claudia Gray doing events in Seattle and Los Angeles. Maybe you heard a bit from Kiersten or Amy, but the lesson of the month is: tours are FUN. FUN in all caps (and sometimes an exclamation mark at the end. BAM!). Here is why:

1.)   When you are on tour a sleek black car comes to pick you up at your house. Your driver will magically know where he is going at all times, even in Los Angeles, without using a GPS system.

2.)   You will learn that certain hotels not only provide leopard print bathrobes and bottles of wine—they provide personal goldfish companions.

Sadly goldfish cannot leave the room. I tried to take him to lunch with me but apparently fish need water to live...who knew?!?

3.)   You will meet other authors. After so many months sitting alone at your computer, talking to people in your head, you will like these other authors. You will want to hug and kiss them because you’ll only have to come up with half the dialogue.

Claudia and Kiersten discover our Dark Days ad in Entertainment Weekly. I love the guy sleeping in the background...

4.)   You will meet so many fun people who ask smart, interesting questions about young adult books (sometimes YOUR book). You will get to talk about why you do what you do, and why you love to do what you do.  You will sign your book so many times, and each time you do, you’ll remember the experience of writing it.

me, Kiersten White, Amy Garvey and Claudia Gray at our event in Seattle.

5.)   Four words: American Express Corporate Card.

So that is my past month in under five hundred words. I promise from now on I won’t be as scarce. In the meantime, leave a comment and let me know: what’s your favorite way to celebrate when something BIG happens?

6 Responses to “THE DARK DAYS TOUR (a belated recap)”

1. Jenna 13 November 2011 at 5:01 am #

I love these pictures!! I wish you came to the east coast!!!

2. roro @roro is reading[rogier] 30 November 2011 at 9:27 pm #

so looking 4ward to book2 /whoooooo

3. Jacey 15 December 2011 at 1:25 am #

Hi! Ummm like huge fan! I absolutely adore Eve and cant wait for the next book in the series, Once, to come out. I hope someday I can become as great of a writer as you but, seeing as I am only 14 years old, I may have to wait a while. I so wish I could meet you, I have so many questions I would love to ask you. And in response to your question, “what’s your favorite way to celebrate when something BIG happens?”:
    I would probably write about it or go tell everyone. Depends though, if its like me making a 100 on my science test (which is EXTREMELY rare) then I would go out and buy myself a treat.

4. Ronnie 15 July 2012 at 11:59 pm #

Hi im ronnie im a male loved the book eve i am reading the book “once” write now it is great. I am 13 and ive been working on some book ideas 4 when im older. i play the flute and the guitar, i live in eloy arizona. The book eve is the best book I ever read!!!! I showed my social studies teacher the book and she had it added to the school library along with once.

5. Tara Mann 24 August 2012 at 11:53 am #

I loved Eve & Once…I’m almost done with Once…its addicting.
    I bought Eve awhile ago…I started, couldn’t put it down. My eyes were glued 2 the pages, I couldn’t read fast enough. I’m almost done with Once & I so can’t wait until Rise comes out. Anne Carey has become one of my fav Authors. Thank u 4 writting these amazing books!! U r an awsome writer.
    Tara Mann, Brampton,Ont-Canada

6. Cassie 2 March 2014 at 6:28 pm #

Okay, so I have finished the Eve Trilogy and I have been trying to find the epilogue but I cannot find it anywhere! Pleaaaaaasseeeeee helppppp meeeeee!