RISE Teaser

Posted on February 12, 2013 by in Blog, Books, Young Adult

Hello friends, book lovers, and other visitors of my sad, sparse blog!

You may have noticed I’ve been absent for…well…awhile. I have been writing a NEW THING and in time I will tell you what it is.* That time is not now. NOW is the time for releasing a little teaser for RISE, the third and final book in The Eve Trilogy. I will write more about what it was like to say good-bye to these characters, who’ve become as real to me as anyone I know (or maybe I won’t write something…I practically live on twitter these days, and 140 characters doesn’t seem like enough space for that).**  I picked this tidbit because it’s JUICY (all caps!), as tidbits should be. Several characters die in the final book, and this is the scene following one of those deaths. So…enjoy? Speculate? And definitely: leave your thoughts in the comments.

*Okay. That’s kind of a lie. I’ve been working, yes, but I’ve also been ignoring said blog. For this, I am sorry.

**Again, trying not to make too many promises re: blog. Baby steps, right?

22 Responses to “RISE Teaser”

1. PAW 13 February 2013 at 10:26 am #

I don’t even know where to begin. This is too short! HAHA God, I’ve been dying to read a teaser from Rise since last year and IDK & I don’t have my imagination right now with me. IDK what to think of this teaser. I hope Rise has a happy ever after ending. *hopeful

2. Marie 19 February 2013 at 11:09 pm #

This was way too short. I can’t wait for Rise to come out, and if it doesn’t have a happy ending I will probably have a mental breakdown. I wonder who died?

3. Loulou 20 February 2013 at 3:30 am #

Hi!!
    My sister got your book on kobo and I was REALLY bored and I started to read your book. I am not a reader. I hate reading

But your book was really interesting “eve” it’s really good then I read “once ” and I loved it too. But then I realize I have to wait for the next one “rise”
    Ahhhhhh that frustrates me!!!!!

I am so excited only about 40 days (well at least that’s what it says on the side of the website)
    Looking forward to it :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

4. Loulou 20 February 2013 at 3:46 am #

Hi!!
    Again
    I know the contest is over but my favorite scene was at the end of “eve” when she repeats I love you, I love you,I love you like her mother did to Caleb.
    It killed me,it was so sad.
    Plus I thought it was the end. I thought there wasn’t another book. It would have killed me if there wasn’t another one.

5. Loulou 22 February 2013 at 12:32 am #

I personally think that it’s Beatrice’s daughter 🙁
    Though we can never be sure until we read it 🙁
    I can’t wait to see what happenes next 🙂

6. Loulou 22 February 2013 at 3:21 am #

Hey
    This might be a spoiler alert. I’m not sure it depends if u like having a bunch of questions popping in your head
    Don’t know if it is true but apparently Caleb IS dead. I don’t think so I personally don’t but I was reading a summary of rise and this is what I got:

When she lost her soul mate, Caleb, Eve felt like her world had ended. Trapped in the palace, forced to play the part of the happy, patriotic princess of The New America—and the blushing bride of her father’s top adviser—Eve’s whole life is a lie. The only thing that keeps her going is Caleb’s memory, and the revolution he started.

I don’t think it’s true. I think it’s someone that posted it in the Internet (you can’t always believe what it says)

I hope he’s not dead. Ohhhhhhh I hope

I hope I didn’t crush anyone’s spirit by this but like I said it was on the Internet. Someone could have made it up. Like once I searched for the summary of “once” and they told me that Benny and sialas died and they we’re her brothers. So yeah that was WAY off

7. Loulou 24 February 2013 at 7:07 am #

Also it could be Ardene, pip or ruby that died because it says “she” so yeah.
    Also thrilled that she got to the dug house again I can’t wait

8. Ashlyn 4 March 2013 at 2:48 pm #

I was so excited when I found out Rise was coming out…. I’ve re-read Eve so many times it’s not even funny! I literally can’t wait for Rise!! 🙂

9. Laurelle 10 March 2013 at 1:24 am #

O my god NOW I HAVE TO READ THE BOOK LIKE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok really u could have given us a little more!!!!!!!! But I’m also excited bcuz the release date is my birthday!!!!!

10. Laurelle 10 March 2013 at 3:15 am #

• AnnaCarey 13 March 2013 at 7:41 pm #

Happy birthday! ONLY 19 DAYS LEFT…

11. tasmin 13 March 2013 at 3:03 pm #

Your first book of the Eve novels (Eve) was amazing, it made my cry… And I don’t cry a lot, maybe because I’ve found my soul mate and it reminds me of me and him so much that I picture me and him as Eve and Caleb. Caleb is a good character, Arden was strong.. She was a good person, Lark never saw it coming, Leif… He is different, Eve… She makes it through no matter what. I thank you for bringing me to tears and for sleepless nights because without this series I would still take what I have for granted. Love is so precious and so valuable, this series reminded me how easily it can be lost, taken away… Forever. Until you meet again in a different life. I thank you for making me feel so strongly about your words. I thank you for creating all your characters … Especially Eve and Caleb. You are an amazing writer/Author and I’ll make sure to look out for your name often when buying books 🙂

12. Anastasia 21 March 2013 at 2:14 pm #

Caleb is dead isn’t he? I havent read the book but i have heard some spoilers… Im sorry if i ruined somebody’s day, because i know mine is. I hate it when characters close to my heart die.

13. dani 22 March 2013 at 5:58 am #

Sounds like someone drowned in the lake :'( maybe Pip with her curly hair… I suppose since we don’t know what Sarah looks like, it could be her too. I cannot wait to read this book! So thankful the wait is nearly over! Thanks for such a fabulous story!! I just hope the ending doesn’t break my heart LOL!

14. loulou 28 March 2013 at 2:51 am #

loved the teaser!
    i just hope the book wont become a different “pocahontas”
    when Caleb will be alive but he has changes so Eve falls in love with Charles!
    BECAUSE IF THAT HAPPENS I AM GOING TO DIE!!!!
    I HOPE IT WONT BE LIKE THAT BECAUSE OR ELSE IT A WAST OF MONEY!!!
    HOPE ITS NOT LIKE THAT
    and i will love your books!!

15. Michayla 30 March 2013 at 5:33 pm #

OH MY GOD I THINK IT’S SARAH.

Because of Beatrice’s reaction

BUT SERIOUSLY I JUST FINISHED ONCE AND I SERIOUSLY THREW MY BOOK ACROSS THE ROOM

WHY CALEB. W H Y

and why does she have to marry him. This is terrible why couldn’t Caleb live.

But at least we know that Eve made it out of the City!!!

16. Leah 3 April 2013 at 11:29 pm #

The ending of Rise literally had me crying.
    GREAT BOOK.
    I just wish the book ended right before something very big was about to happen.
    Im going to go cry now~

17. Leah 3 April 2013 at 11:31 pm #

The ending of Rise literally had me crying. GREAT BOOK. I just wish the book hadn’t ended right before something very big was about to happen. Im going to go cry now~

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

18. Leah 3 April 2013 at 11:32 pm #

The ending of Rise literally had me crying. GREAT BOOK. I just wish the book hadn’t ended right before something very big was about to happen. Im going to go cry now.~

19. Alli 9 April 2013 at 3:35 am #

I have read this book and if you don’t want me to spoil it for you don’t read it’s about the end of rise.. I loveddd this book so muchh but I hate when I read a book an the ending is horrible I wanted to see Caleb and her see each other again !! I mean she’s like oh I’m his wife and I loved that part also how she holds her belly but I wanted it to show her cry and he kiss her and her telling him he’s pregnant and I wante to see the girls get back and a better ending than that I was searching for a fourth book cause I was hoping so badly there was so I can end this book with satisfaction but there was none and Im seriously depressed great books though

20. Miranda 12 May 2013 at 2:14 am #

I just finished Rise. I loved the ending! I just wish that there was an epilogue or something more. I need more information about eve getting back together with her love. I keep playing it in my head. How will it go with seeing him? Why will he think about their baby? Who will become the president? I just wish you were going to write another book just so we can know what happens to them.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks