Announcing…BLACKBIRD

Posted on April 8, 2013 by in Blog, Books, Young Adult

If you’ve been following me on twitter or facebook, then you’ve probably heard murmurings about A THING. This THING is a new series, and the new series is called BLACKBIRD. It’s a bit of a mystery, this Blackbird, but I can tell you a few choice tidbits:

1.) Blackbird will be two books, releasing Fall 2014 and Spring 2015. HarperCollins will be publishing (likely under the Harper or HarperTeen imprint).

2.) It follows a girl who wakes up on the subway tracks in Los Angeles and can’t remember anything about her life before. It takes place in modern day California and there’s nothing supernatural about it.

3.) There are murders and chases and other SCARY THINGS. It is fast-paced and intense.

EEK! I’ve already said too much. Stay tuned for updates as we get closer to Fall 2014. There will be more fun info to share…

12 Responses to “Announcing…BLACKBIRD”

1. Zachary Flye 8 April 2013 at 11:30 pm #

Love it! Granted, I’d read anything you write, and though I’m not a BIG fan of duologies I’m sure this’ll be great! Super excited can’t wait!

2. Alli 9 April 2013 at 3:24 am #

I am soooo mad I loved Rise so much and I hated the ending it totally made me die inside. we didnt get to see Caleb and her get back together or see the girls come back from the camps I’m so friking mad right now I wanted to see Caleb kiss her and hold her and her cry grr…

• Alli 9 April 2013 at 3:25 am #

I meant to put this is the book rise..

• Eliana 11 June 2013 at 11:59 pm #

Totally agree with there grr super mad about that ending hopefully Anna has this in mind and writes a short story about that in the future.

• Madelynne 29 June 2013 at 5:56 pm #

Ahhh i’m so angry with you! Why would you leave the book like that!?!?!?! You better be writing a fourth one! I can’t sit here and not know what happened or imagine what happened I need you to tell us definitely.

• Perla 22 October 2013 at 8:12 pm #

Are you kidding me? I haven’t read Rise yet! Could you not have left her an email?!?!

• Starling 24 December 2013 at 10:48 pm #

i totally agree!!!!!! she has to write another one!!!!!

3. Lisa 10 April 2013 at 8:10 pm #

OMG!!!! I can’t wait for this book!!! The end to rise was such a cliffhanger!! I agree with Alli! I really wanted to see them together and see what kind of a child they would have together!

4. Andye@Reading Teen 13 April 2013 at 3:08 pm #

This sounds awesome!! I love murder mysteries and there aren’t enough of them in YA. The Body Finder is one of my favorites.

And yay for a duology!! I love that!! It makes the waiting not quite so painful. 🙂

Can’t wait and congrats!

5. Stephanie @ Love.Life.Read 13 April 2013 at 4:53 pm #

🙂 sounds good

6. payge 4 January 2014 at 4:30 pm #

I love your books you are an amazing writer cant wait until blackbird comes out but I’m really bummed you didn’t write a fourth eve book it would of been a best seller but remember its not too late to write one I think everyone will love that you wrote a fourth one and it would sell out like wild fire

7. Ashlyn 21 March 2014 at 3:37 am #

I loved the Eve trilogy and I can’t wait for this book!!!!!!!