Rise Epilogue

Posted on July 19, 2013 by in Blog, Books, Young Adult

Since the Rise release in April I’ve been getting a lot of emails, tweets, and posts about the ending. You guys are all: WHA?!?!? How could you do this to us??!? I HATE YOU RIGHT NOW YOU ARE EVIL.

And yes, maybe I’m a little evil. And yes, maybe the ending wasn’t EXACTLY what you thought it would be. But it is true to the story and the world.

That said, one of the best things about writing in the age of the internet is the instant feedback. I get to know (almost as soon as you finish the book) what you loved, what you hated, and what questions you still want answered. While reading all the I-will-sue-you-for-emotional-trauma tweets and the I’m-so-depressed-this-can’t-be-happening emails, I’ve gathered one thing: most of you want more. You need to know what happens in the years after this book ends. Is there a happily ever after?

THE BIG NEWS: With the release of the Rise paperback on December 17th, comes the release of an epilogue that will tell you everything you’re dying to know and then some. The epilogue will be published in the paperback edition, but will also be released online for all of you who already have the hardcover, the ebook, or have read Rise through other (hopefully legal) channels. I’ll have more information in the coming months, but you’ll likely find this bonus content on the HarperCollins EpicReads site.

So that is the not-so-secret SECRET I’ve been waiting to tell you. ARE YOU GUYS HAPPY NOW?!? 🙂

83 Responses to “Rise Epilogue”

1. PAW 20 July 2013 at 10:12 am #

I KNEW IT! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!!!

• Eve 26 May 2014 at 1:58 am #

OMG I AM SO HAPPY THE ENDING NEARLY MADE ME CRY FINDING OUT THAT IT IS JUST A TRILOGY I LOVED THIS SERIES!!!! OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFO! I LOVED THIS TRILOGY SO MUCH!! OMG I AM RUNNING OUT OF WORDS TO SAY HOW EXCITED I AM OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

2. Kelly 21 July 2013 at 4:14 pm #

I just came here to get your address to send you a letter about this. I’m still gonna send the letter because I already wrote it, but this makes me happy:)

3. ashley 23 July 2013 at 1:39 am #

Yes ! i was hoping for something like that . The ending was short and unexpected , but thats what makes the book so interesting and leaves you to your own imagination 🙂 I loved it ! Tears all night .

4. shahril 25 July 2013 at 3:28 pm #

i really love your book… and when Eve said “im his wife”, i dont believe its the last word she said…dont make me suffer…. i want to know moreeee…..pleaseeeeeee……huhuhuhuhuhu….

5. Lacey 27 July 2013 at 6:28 am #

OMG!!! This is the most amazing news!! You are awesome! Thank you so much for hearing your fans!!! We all love you for this!!!

6. Sara (of The Page Sage) 27 July 2013 at 2:25 pm #

While I thought the ending was spot-on (it fit the books perfectly), I am SO EXCITED! Can’t wait to find out what happens to Eve!

7. Mallory 30 July 2013 at 4:24 am #

Thank GOODNESS!!!!!! I went a little psyco when I got to the end of Rise. I am DYING to see their reunion!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

8. Brielle 30 July 2013 at 6:09 am #

I started “Eve” and was a little weirded out with the whole pregnancy camp thing, but by the time she met Caleb, I was in LOVE. I was absolutely devasted when I finished “Rise” because I had soooo many questions. But now that I know you’re writing an epilogue, I couldn’t be happier. All I want to know is, when does it come out???????
    Thanks!

9. Brielle 30 July 2013 at 6:10 am #

Actually, I know when it comes out, but please make it sooner! I’m dying!!!!!

• Scarlett 5 December 2013 at 3:07 am #

When does it come out????

• Scarlett 5 December 2013 at 3:12 am #

Oh my gosh I just finished reading Rise and I couldn’t believe it so I went straight to your website! THERE ISNT AN EPILOGUE IN THIS BOOK!!!! I got it from the library!!! Nooooooo!!
      So my question is where would I find the epilogue??

• AnnaCarey 5 December 2013 at 5:27 pm #

It will be released online on the 17th! Website soon…

• emily 22 February 2014 at 6:15 pm #

Is there going to be a movie??

• AnnaCarey 26 February 2014 at 12:43 am #

As of now it’s optioned for TV. Stay tuned for details on twitter…

10. Olivia 1 August 2013 at 5:19 pm #

I already have a paperback but no epilogue what? Please someone help!!! I have just read this series in under 48 hours!

• AnnaCarey 2 August 2013 at 4:47 am #

Olivia! You might have an international paperback edition of Rise, which does not have the epilogue. In that case: wait for its online release on December 17th. More details soon!

11. Katie 11 August 2013 at 4:53 am #

Now I’m afraid to finish the book before December.

12. Tabitha 15 August 2013 at 9:33 pm #

THANK YOU!!! I literally jutst finished rise and ran straight to the computer to see if there would be another book. I am dying to read about their reunion and Eve sharing her little secret. I can’t wait!!!!!

13. Kaila 22 August 2013 at 5:23 am #

Instant you described Caleb, I LOOOVED HIM and thought they were PERFECT TOGETHER. So much like Ky and Cassia from the Reached trilogy! SO THANKS FOR NOT MURDERING HIM!!!

14. Melissa Wright 22 August 2013 at 10:02 pm #

Thrilled to hear this, although honestly I would love a whole fourth novel. I think you could continue to write many more books in this series, why end it with a trilogy? You’ve already created this whole new world, why note stay in it for a while longer? Trust me, your adult readers couldn’t get enough! Have you thought about writing new adult fiction?

• Jess 13 October 2013 at 2:29 am #

I agree completely you have so many options, like; if Caleb and eve tried to get away to another country, if New America is attacked like the king always talked about, the little baby if its a girl or not (if she was right about the feeling of it being a girl) . I think of so many possibilities that you could make another two books, atleast!

15. Maddie 31 August 2013 at 3:48 pm #

Oh my gosh I am sooooo excited!!!! I was totally freaking out that it just ended and telling my whole family how upset I was!!!! So I came to your website maybe thinking I would write an email or post or something and I see this!!!!!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you! You know exactly what your readers want!!!!!!!! Eve is one of the BEST written series I have ever read!!!!!!! It is definitely in my top 5 book series. I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait!!!!!!!!

I love you I love you I love you!!!!! (See what I did there?)
    -Maddie 🙂

16. Samantha Marie 6 September 2013 at 9:44 pm #

So are u gonna make this into a movie or WHA!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!

17. Beth 23 September 2013 at 3:34 am #

I read the first book awhile back. I just happened across it when visiting our local library. I LOVED it, and no library around had Once in! I finally read it Friday. I went and got Rise from the library this afternoon and finished it in about 6 hours. I was upset there wasn’t more left, but isn’t that how a great series is supposed to end? You never really want to seal it up because if you do it truly does end and this way Eve and Caleb can live forever in my imagination. I love being able to imagine their lives after the city transitions. I love how you tied up so many loose ends but left just enough for speculation. I’m waiting impatiently for the epilogue!!! Thanks so much for a wonderful tale.

P.S.
    I think these books would make a much better movie than twilight any day!

18. Heidi 24 September 2013 at 5:19 am #

Pheeew!! I just finished the book Rise now and I was surprised that it was a Trilogy, cuz uh uh IT JUST CANT END THAT WAY!! So thank you!

19. Jessica Ayala 26 September 2013 at 11:26 pm #

Just finish reading Rise. The beginning of the story I thought caleb was and poor eve pregnant and alone, I thought I would start cry. And then towards the ending, I was so happy caleb live, I thought he would get to meet his child. And the part where Eve says ” Im his wife” left me with more excitement to know if Eve and caleb get a happily ever after.

20. zipporah 2 October 2013 at 5:33 pm #

Dear Anna,
    i would really like to know if Eve’s true love is alive and if his death is only a fake, a fluke, if the doctor that visited him was on the rebellion side and sunk him out when the timing was right, and if he really is alive and well, i mean of course he wouldn’t be well because he was beaten down by the guards and and every thing. JUST TELL ME THAT HE IS SAFE AND OUT OF HARMS WAY and waiting for Eve. PLEASE.

21. Aimee Nelson 4 October 2013 at 1:57 pm #

This is wonderful news! I have dying to know what happens next! Thank you for caring enough about your readers/fans to finish/give us some closure! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! :0)

22. Montana @ The Book Belles 6 October 2013 at 7:16 pm #

Thank you so much! I loved everything about Rise, except for the ending. I’ll definitely be buying the paperback the day it comes out just to see what happens 🙂

23. Stefania 10 October 2013 at 8:09 pm #

oh my gosh i just read this this is amazing thank you so much

24. cassandra 14 October 2013 at 4:43 pm #

Yes!!! I just finished eve and was like nooooooooooooo i need to know more

25. Jessica 17 October 2013 at 11:15 pm #

I was just on theevetrilogy.com and put a comment there, but that was before I saw this. Let’s just say… I’m ecstatic right now! Epilogue? WOO-HOO!!!

26. Julie 19 October 2013 at 6:35 am #

Will owners of the 3rd book get the epilogue free or as an update? I have it on kindle and don’t think we should pay extra. I read each book in a day, and loved til the final chapters. So much more need to be added! It’s 1:30 am and I’ve been searching for info on a book 4 or epilogue.

27. Olivia 13 November 2013 at 3:39 am #

Thank the gods! I love this series and was heartbroken when it ended. I called my best friend (even though she hasn’t read the series) and told her how mad I was while telling her about the other books. She agreed perfectly with me but then I find this and I’m so happy!!!!!!!!! Also my bff wants to read the series this is so awesome I read each book in a day. Can’t wait for the epilogue!!!!!!!!!!!

28. An Old Guy 15 November 2013 at 6:59 pm #

I have read three “Young Adult” trilogies over the past few months. I actually listened to the Eve trilogy on audiobook. Tavia Gilbert was THE best choice as a voice for your trilogy.

I am a 51 y/o male, and I thoroughly enjoyed all the books. The other two trilogies I read fell off at either the second book, or the third.

However, your books are all of a very high standard. I had the end of “Rise” figured out before the bomb was dropped, but that’s hardly being critical. I typically have these things figured out well in advance.

You’ve done the genre a great service. Thank you from a jaded older devotee.

29. Charlie 17 November 2013 at 3:27 am #

I really think you could make a 4th book!! I know I would read it! but at least we get a little bit more! when I finished this but I was shaking I was so mad (just because it was over) I drove my parents nuts talking about your books and how good they were and how much I think caleb is super sexy XP this would make SUCH an amazing movie I would pay a ton to see (and a ton to get another book)

30. Kira 29 November 2013 at 4:15 pm #

I just finished the book and I was shocked! I honestly did not think that was how the book was going to end. Imediately after finishing the book I came here hoping to find the name of the 4th book! Glad to hear that there will be an epilogue but please consider a 4th book!! 🙂

31. Anna 4 December 2013 at 10:44 pm #

Thank you so much… i am so glad to get to know more about the eve and caleb story, cause this was the think i mostly fall in love with in these books! so glad hes alive, but so sad there wasnt this special eve and caleb moments in book 3… and in the end just dissapointed about all the open questions about them in my head… so i just want you to thank you, cause its not normal and so nice of you to write an epiloge because of a view fan emails… your the best! thanks!

32. Jordyn Newhouse 9 December 2013 at 11:13 pm #

YEA! My friend and I read the Eve series and her an I were like, “worst ending ever.”
    I finished rise last month and I had time so I decided to see if you were gojng to write another book. Even though you arent writing a whole other book you are at least adding on the the ending and I can’t wait to tell my friend! THANk YOU!

33. Maddie 17 December 2013 at 7:46 pm #

It’s December 17th! Yay!!!! That means the epilogue comes out today right? What do I search for to get it? Or where do I look?????? I really want to read it and I have no idea where to look!!!!!!

34. Brie Wood 17 December 2013 at 11:49 pm #

Any news on where we can find the epilogue?

35. Kandace 19 December 2013 at 6:29 pm #

I have been trying to find the online version of the rise epilogue, but I cannot find it anywhere. I have already read the book and don’t want to have to buy it again just to get the epilogue. Where can I find it?

36. Erin Wilson 20 December 2013 at 5:01 pm #

Where is it? Is it out yet online? I can’t wait to read it! 😀

• AnnaCarey 20 December 2013 at 5:50 pm #

Hi my loves! The epilogue isn’t currently online, but I’m working on getting it up for a limited time for all those of you who have the hardcover editions. Stay tuned on twitter. I should have news in the next week or so…

• Brie Wood 31 December 2013 at 4:08 am #

Yay!!! Thanka Anna 😀 I’ve been dying to know what happens after the ending in Rise.

37. Charlinda 29 December 2013 at 8:50 pm #

Ive looked all over the internet for the epilogue but I cant find it anywhere. Amd im dying to know what happens. I dont have the money to buy the paperback and my library doesn’t have it… so please help

38. Jess 1 January 2014 at 1:37 am #

Is it still coming out or is it canceled or something??

• AnnaCarey 2 January 2014 at 2:36 pm #

Hi Charlinda–I’m working on getting the epilogue up online, if only for a day…sit tight until then!

• Shauki 6 January 2014 at 6:47 am #

Hi Anna! May I suggest a website like http://www.issuu.com? You can upload the epilogue there and send us the link to read it (it’s like a magazine you can read online). You can delete it anytime you want. Also, you may check the “no download allowed” option (to avoid piracy).

39. payge 4 January 2014 at 4:41 pm #

so when is the epilogue coming out I have been sitting on my computer for over a month now for you to put it online I have practically chewed all my nails off and I cant stand the questions that are running through my head over and over and OVER!!! I even cry over it at night not knowing!!!!!! please put it online as soon as possible

• AnnaCarey 7 January 2014 at 9:50 pm #

GREAT NEWS! The epilogue will be online as of tomorrow, 1/8/2014, for a limited time. Tune in to tea time with the EpicReads girls to learn where you can find it. You can watch them at 3:45 EST by clicking this link:

• Meh 8 January 2014 at 12:49 am #

So if one misses this for being on some totally different timezone, there’s no other word on where to find the epilogue??? I have to say this feels a bit unfair to all of us who have bought legitimate copies of the books before the edition with the epilogue 🙁

• AnnaCarey 8 January 2014 at 9:31 pm #

I just tweeted the link. The epilogue will be up through the weekend. Hope that helps!

40. Jinnie Lettkeman 6 January 2014 at 2:07 pm #

Only a day? How will we know? I live in Japan, read the series on Kindle. Will Amazon possibly announce it? Awesome series-couldn’t put it down, and I’m a 41 year old military mom! It was worth the late nights though! Now I’m addicted and don’t know if I can survive without Eve and Caleb in my life! And I want to “see” the baby!! 🙂

• AnnaCarey 8 January 2014 at 9:32 pm #

It will be up through the weekend. Check my twitter feed for the link!

41. Maddie 8 January 2014 at 9:25 pm #

I just read the epilogue and I loved it. 🙂 so sweet. It was amazing even though I will always want more. Thank you so much for writing it. 🙂

42. Maddy 16 January 2014 at 8:51 pm #

Hi, I know i’m probably to late and all but I really want to read the epilouge and I can’t find it anywhere can someone please help?

43. Thais 18 January 2014 at 5:33 pm #

Hi Anna!! I´m from Spain and I´ve just finished reading rise. I got it before yesterday and I have to say that I love it!! But I´m wondering if there is another way to read the epilogue because I´ve tried it but I can´t not find it 🙁
    So please could you send it me or upload it again?
    Thank you so much! I´ll be waiting for your answer 😉

P.S.: I´m sorry if my English is bad I don´t dominate it yet.
    Thais

44. Kimberly 20 January 2014 at 2:26 pm #

I can not find the Epilogue to Rise!!!!! :'( I’m crying my heart out. I downloaded it on Ibooks but there are only 32 chapters. No epilogue. Please help! Anyone. And thank you for saying there’s an epilogue.

45. Kimberly 20 January 2014 at 5:00 pm #

I can not find the epilogue anywhere. This was a great triology. If I buy it on Ibooks will the epilogue show?

46. Keri 21 January 2014 at 11:51 pm #

I have been scouring the internet trying to find the epilogue. Does anyone know where I can find it? I missed the weekend release for the link to the epilogue. I am absolutely dying to read it. Someone please help!!!!!!!!

47. AMY 24 January 2014 at 4:57 pm #

This is absolute crap. I am so sick of getting involved in a series only to find out that I am behind the times and the author decided to make snippets only available for a limited time on their website. This happens all the time and I am tired of it. Why would you want to punish your new fans that didn’t know about the series “in time”. Please for the love of all that is holy put the epilogue up so that even us poor folks who just found out about the series and enjoyed it can have the same satisfied ending.

• Jamie 28 January 2014 at 7:22 pm #

Agree totally. Not fair to those of us who didn’t even find the series until after the epilogue was released.

• Carolina 31 January 2014 at 12:47 pm #

Please, Please, Please make Rise Epilogue available again for those of us that missed out!!

• AnnaCarey 4 February 2014 at 10:16 pm #

Hi Amy,

I’m sorry you’re upset. The epilogue will likely be released again online, though there’s no specific date yet. Stay tuned on the blog and twitter for updates…

Best,
      Anna

48. Jamie 28 January 2014 at 7:20 pm #

I tend to agree. I found these books at my library have raved about them to many many people and I’ve gotten attached yet I can’t find the epilogue. I’m willing to pay a small fee for it but I don’t want to buy the whole book. So unfair.

49. Brandy 8 February 2014 at 3:32 pm #

I just just got done with Rise and found out I was too late to get the free download. I listened to the audio book and it did not have the epilogue.

50. Brooke Morris 8 February 2014 at 6:54 pm #

These books… became my obsession. I litteraly went into depressed mode when i finsihed the last one! They were written so beautifully! I am so thrilled to discover their will be a book to let us know all of our unanswered questions! Im litteraly shaking I am so excited!

51. Miranda Gall 16 February 2014 at 9:32 pm #

Can you please put the epilogue back up?? I got into the book series about a week ago… finished all three (one of the best books I have read in a long time) and I looked for the epilogue for a long time and I don’t know where to find it!! I don’t think I could wait any longer. Please? PLease? PLEase? PLEAse? PLEASe? PLEASE?? Can you put it up again??

52. emily 22 February 2014 at 6:20 pm #

I really want to read the epilogue!I just finished reading Rise and I think you should at least post it on your website so everyone can read it!

• AnnaCarey 26 February 2014 at 12:44 am #

That may be a possibility in the future. For now check twitter for giveaways of the signed paperback with epilogue…

• Ana 28 February 2014 at 11:46 pm #

I just finished the books today, and when I found out about the epilogue I was so freaking happy however is not available online. I think you all know how empty you feel when you finish a book because you get inlove with the characters 🙁 So pleaaaaseee Anna I wish you could make available the link, I read these book at work and when Caleb was shooted GOOSSH I was crying and taking calls (I work in a call center)and I’m from El Salvador your books are not here to buy it :(.

53. Stephanie 28 February 2014 at 4:43 am #

So, I just spent the last three days reading the entire series and I loved every bit of it… except the ending of Rise. Because of where I live, I don’t have a local bookstore I can get to in order to buy the paperbacks or hardcover editions. Because of this I have to read all of my books on my Kindle which means I now have to miss out on the epilogue. While I understand that this is way to gain more readers buy having them buy the printed copies, it doesn’t seem fair to those of us who buy digital copies of books. I am sure there are a lot of your fans who, like me, work long hours and are unable to hop online hoping we’ll get a shot at reading the epilogue. In a way, it seems as if we are being left out and punished. It leaves us feeling as if your book is unfinished. Which is really a shame, since every single word leading up to that abrupt ending had me on the edge of my seat. As an avid reader, those are the kinds of books I live for.

I am sure a part of me wouldn’t have willingly handed over my money if I had known the final book would have ended this way, especially since the Kindle editions were pretty pricey for a digital book.

As I’ve stated, this is a wonderful series but not one I could recommend unless the epilogue was included with the digital editions or made easily accessible to those of us who bought it digitally.

• Krystyna 6 May 2014 at 3:40 pm #

I’m very disappointed that the Kindle version didn’t include the epilogue too. Even if it wasn’t a matter of money, who would want to own one book of a trilogy in hardcopy form when the whole set is already owned in digital?

54. Lisa 28 March 2014 at 5:10 pm #

Any update on where to fine the Epilogue online? Just finished the trilogy and would love to read the epilogue

55. cori 5 April 2014 at 5:50 am #

Just listened to the whole series in like 4 days on audio (btw the reader was amazing!) So bummed the epilogue is nowhere online! I need to know more!

56. Megan 6 April 2014 at 2:44 am #

Just finished reading the series. Awesome! disappointed not to find the epilouge. The library only had a hard copy. Would love to find out what happens and wish it were available. I’m sad that I won’t be able to know what happens because I won’t get to read the epilouge.

57. Erin 9 April 2014 at 2:10 pm #

Thx where can we read it though!!!! Btw thanks for not killing the main character like *cough*Divergent*cough* and I’m glade that Caleb is alive I knew it all along I just kept waiting for him to come back!!!

58. Erin 9 April 2014 at 2:39 pm #

Oh!!!!!!!! I love the epilogue it’s so good!!! But I still want a fourth book!!!!!

• Madison 11 April 2014 at 12:40 am #

Were did you find the epilogue I looked everywere.

59. Krystyna 6 May 2014 at 3:35 pm #

Why doesn’t the Kindle version offer the epilogue? You would think it had been updated by now. I purchased all three books of the Eve trilogy on my Kindle yesterday, and am on Rise now.

60. Lindsey 20 May 2014 at 11:20 pm #

I love how you ended the book ( I really thought he died) but you just have to make another one pretty please with cherrys on top P-L-E-A-S-E. I really want to find out what happens next.